© 2017 by Tofino Harbour Authority
Harbour Assistant - May 30 until end of August 31, 2020
(possible extension to end date)
$19/hour – Full-time, Seasonal (35hr/week)
The THA is currently accepting applications to fill a full-time seasonal position for a Harbour Assistant from May 30 – August 31 2020 (there may be a possibility of extension of the end date). Applicants must be eligible for Canada Summer Job funding.
Successful applicants should be reliable, comfortable dealing with the public, professional, motivated, positive, outgoing and enjoy working outdoors in all weather.
$18/hour – Full-time, Seasonal (35hr/week)
Key responsibilities include:
• Performs multiple daily foot patrols of all docks and upland facilities to ensure that facilities are safe and functional
• Perform daily boat counts and vehicle parking checks
• Provide customer service to Harbour users and members of the public
• Collects fees for use of the public boat ramp, moorage, and all other services provided by THA
• Checking and cleaning bathrooms, showers, laundry room on a daily basis
• Cleaning garbage, sorting oil recycling, maintaining litter-free facilities
• Assisting in maintenance projects- painting, small building projects, landscaping, etc.
• Ensure all harbour users comply with Harbour Authority rules and regulations, and enforce in a professional manner rules and regulations when necessary
• Assist Harbour Management staff in projects and day-to-day tasks, as required
Key qualifications include:
• Due to funding restrictions, applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old and be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Able to perform extensive foot patrols in all weather conditions
• Posses excellent computer skills
• Ability to problem solve and work independently as well as in a team
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Possess exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills
• Marine industry experience is an asset
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license is an asset
• Must have local accommodation
Required education: College or University-level education is preferred
Required language: English
How to Apply: E-mail cover letter AND resume to with “Harbour Assistant Application” in the subject line by Friday May 25, 2020 at 4 pm
Tofino Harbour Authority is committed to equal opportunity and fair hiring processes.